We’re back with more awesome DIY party decor today. Get ready for the ultimate budget-friendly, large scale décor for your New Years Eve party. This DIY gold garland 2018 is easy to make and crazy inexpensive. I already had the wire so all I had to buy was the garland. However, you can find both the garland and the wire are your local Dollar Tree. That makes this glamorous party décor only $2.00 which is still an amazing bargain! Now that you know how inexpensive it is, keep reading to find out just how easy this is to make.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Get ready to rock your #NewYearsparty on a budget with this #DIY gold garland 2018! Click To Tweet
- Gold Wire (I used 16 gauge but the Dollar Tree wire will be thicker)
- Foiled Gold Garland
- Wire Cutter (Scissors will work if your wire isn’t too tick)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
First pull out your wire and loosen the spool. You want it to unwind easily, without kinks, as you form your numbers.
Next, form your numbers so that they are all attached.
- Think of this step as writing. Visualize how your hand forms the numbers when you write them and use that visualization to help mold the number with wire.
- If you are struggling with this step, physically write out your numbers to scale. Then use those as a template for molding your wire.
- Note where to strengthen your numbers with the arrows above.
Now, remove the packaging from your garland.
Secure one end of your garland to the top of your “2” by twisting the wire around it.
Add hot glue to your wire near where you attached the garland, and firmly press your garland into it.
- Keep your garland loosely stretched while attaching it to your wire. You don’t want any bubbles or areas with excess garland in your finished project.
Continue gluing garland to your wire frame until you reach the top of your “1”.
At the top of your “1” cut the excess garland off.
- If you try to loop the garland back down the “1” it will be noticeably thicker than the rest of your numbers.
Next, reattach the cut garland end to the bottom of your “1” with hot glue.
Continue gluing your garland to the wire until you finish covering the “8”.
After the entire number is covered, trim any excess garland remaining at the end.
How easy is that? This DIY gold garland 2018 is the perfect budget-friendly décor for your New Years celebration. When you hang it, make sure you use multiple pins. The malleable wire is great for customizing your set-up, but it also means that the numbers can droop if they are not properly secured. Finish off the look by taping some black and pearl balloons to the wall and you have a gorgeous New Years party without blowing your budget. Don’t forget the party favors! Make these DIY Party Blowers and New Years Eve Gold Clock Noise Maker to wow your guests and entertain the little ones at the party.