Getting your home ready for the 4th isn’t the pomp and circumstance that other holidays are. A lot of the decorations are for outdoors or party décor. There is one wall in our dining room that is reserved for just such décor. We decorate it for parties, like little man’s baseball birthday, and for holidays like Independence Day. The trouble is that it’s a big wall and finding seasonal décor for it can be expensive. That’s why this DIY patriotic medallion wall art is perfect. It allows you to create large scale décor on a small scale budget.
- 2 Sets of Patriotic Hanging Fans
- Clear Tape
- Flat Tacks
Open both sets of patriotic hanging fans.
- You need both sets to have enough large fans for your décor.
Unfold the fans and secure them.
- The fans come with sticky tabs but because of how we are using them, I recommend using additional tape to secure them.
Next, start designing your artwork.
- Have a general idea of how you want your artwork laid out before taping the fans together.
Once you know how your artwork will fit together, start taping pieces together. Make sure you are taping them on the back so that the tape doesn’t show when your artwork is hung.
Continue taping your fans together until your desired size and design are reached.
- Create visual interest by varying the sizes and designs of the fans next to each other.
- Don’t be afraid to put some of the smaller ones in the back of your design.
- Check your design periodically by carefully flipping your design over.
- Make sure that you tuck the cardboard handles behind the fans.
After your design is complete, secure it with more tape on the back to keep it from coming apart while hanging.
Lastly, hang your artwork on the wall with flat tacks.
This is such an easy do-it-yourself project. It comes together in 20 minutes; less if you don’t spend as long choosing your design as I did. I love how this DIY patriotic medallion wall art looks in our dining room. Now I have to get some seasonally neutral fans to create one to hang up in between the holidays! Grab your own patriotic hanging fans at Oriental Trading. Don’t forget to pick up the materials for this DIY Stars and Stripes Centerpiece while you’re there. You will have your home BBQ and fireworks ready in no time. Now I’d love to hear: do you go all out with décor for every holiday or only the big ones? Let me know in the comments!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!