Summer time is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors. Gathering with friends and family or simply letting the kids run wild, the outdoors is a life saver. If your backyard is looking a little bleak, Way Day is the perfect way to get your outdoor space ready for summer entertainment without breaking the bank.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
When we first moved into our house, we loved hanging out outside. Then as life got more chaotic it started to die down. I hadn’t even realized how little time we were spending in our yard until trick-or-treating last year.
We stopped at a neighbor’s house whose backyard is up against ours. She commented on the fact that she never sees us in the yard anymore.
Find out how to get your outdoor space ready for summer entertainment! +Free Printable Planner Click To Tweet
Now, on the one hand, she has an awesome pool with a giant deck and we do not. On the other hand, how sad is it that our yard was one of the selling points for us choosing our house and we never use it?
This year I’m on a mission to change that. Unfortunately, after a year or so of disuse, the backyard is looking a little a lot drab. That’s why I’m so excited about the first ever Way Day!
Key Components For Backyard Entertainment
Before we get onto what you can expect at the Way Day sale, let’s get a game plan ready. There are a few key elements to making your backyard an oasis.
- Whether you have a patio, deck, or just a flat patch of grass, you need a seating area to relax in. We have this amazing outdoor furniture set that is crazy comfy. It also seats plenty of people so our guests always have a seat.
- At least part of your seating area should have sun protection. The easiest way to accomplish this is with an outdoor table and umbrella. Umbrellas are perfect because you have the option of folding them down when needed.
- This can be as simple as placing a fire pit in the center of some chairs. Create a gathering area where friends and family can hang out (and warm up if needed). You can also look into a set of corn hole boards, badminton net, or similar outdoor games.
- Don’t forget about your tiny human guests when planning your backyard oasis. While you might be perfectly content to kick back in the hammock, you can bet kiddos will not. Why not give them a little corner of the yard to call their own?
- It doesn’t have to be a giant swing set. Instead, try a container full of outdoor toys like balls, bubbles, and play kitchen wares. This will give them hours of enjoyment.
- Add a rug inside the back door for people to clean their shoes off on. Undoubtedly guests will be coming in and out of the house. A rug will help cut down on the dirt and yuckiness tracked through your house.
Grab a Free Shopping Planner
Before you hit the Way Day sale, jot down the items you are looking for on this free printable planner. This will help you stay on track while shopping. There are even sections for priority items and non-priority items.
Grab your free printable Outdoor Refresh Shopping Planner now! Click To Tweet
Why Shop the Way Day Sale
We love Wayfair for furniture and home decor. You can find unique and awesome pieces, like this pineapple lamp in my office, for great prices. Seriously, almost every new piece of furniture we own came from Wayfair.
This stuff holds up! Our kids beds are all from Wayfair and, despite the kids’ best efforts, they are all just as strong and pretty as the day we assembled them.
That’s why I have to share the brand new Way Day sale with you. Wayfair is putting a new home holiday on the map with rock bottom prices on all the stuff you need to get ready for the outdoors. We’re talking prices as low as Black Friday deals!
Mark your calendars for 12 am on Wednesday, April 25 when more than 70,000 products start going on sale. As if that weren’t awesome enough, they will also be launching door-buster deals every 6 hours!
What’s to Expect
On the 25th you’ll find tons of seasonal items including patio furniture, umbrellas, hammocks, and fire pits. You can turn your backyard into an oasis your family never wants to leave.
Don’t worry, though. Way Day has you covered inside as well. Price drops can be found in kitchen and dining, rugs, and more.
Turn your master bedroom into a relaxing retreat with deals on bedding and mattresses. Both our mattress and our box spring came from them and let me tell you, it’s like sleeping on a cloud (only without the falling through the sky part).
Are you excited to get your outdoor space ready for summer entertaining? Make a pledge to get outside more this summer with me. I’ll help you out by sharing awesome games, activities, grilled recipes, and more to inspire you.
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for Wednesday, April 25 at 12 am! You don’t want to miss out on these deals!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!