What activity are you checking off of your family’s fall bucket list this weekend? Watching Hocus Pocus is always a necessity for our fall bucket list. Unfortunately, the kids don’t always have the patience to sit still for it especially since they have seen it so many times. This year I decided to combine it with a fun kid’s craft to help make it fun for all of us. This glow in the dark ghost handprint shirt did the trick. It stays within the Halloween theme and went great with our movie feature. Pair this easy craft with any of your favorite Halloween movie for a fun and festive family movie night!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Kids will love making this Glow in the Dark Ghost Handprint Shirt! #diy Click To Tweet
Materials for 1 Glow in the Dark Ghost Handprint Shirt
- Plain Child’s Color T-shirt (Grab a 10-Pack Here)
- White Fabric Paint
- Glow in the Dark Fabric Paint (Note that we used the green version)
- Scrap Piece of Cardboard
First, remove any tags from your shirt.
- If there is sticky residue left from stickers or tags wash it off of the shirt and dry it before moving on.
Once your shirt is prepped, place a piece of cardboard inside of your shirt.
Next, cover your child’s hand with a generous layer of white fabric paint.
- Use your finger, not a paint brush, to apply the white paint to your child’s hand.
Firmly press the paint-covered hand onto the shirt.
- When you pull the hand back, pull it straight up.
- You may need to brace the shirt so that it doesn’t pull up with your child’s hand.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have the desired number of “ghosts” on your shirt.
- Vary the direction of the handprints as you place them on the shirt to create visual interest.
After you have finished adding handprints, Mom, carefully outline each handprint in glow in the dark paint.
Next, add a face to each ghost with glow in the dark paint.
Set the shirt on a flat surface to let the paint dry.
- We let ours dry for 24 hours.
Lastly, toss the shirt in the dryer on high for 5-10 minutes.
Your child will love this glow in the dark ghost handprint shirt. When you’re ready to wash it, be sure to turn it inside out to help the design last longer for your child. Another fun option for this project is to purchase over-sized shirts for your kids and let them make glow in the dark sleep shirts. They will totally want to wear them for the next Halloween movie night (and every other night, for that matter). Not ready for the kid’s crafting fun to end? The whole family will love this Easy DIY Monster Owl Halloween Tree! It’s a great way to get the kids involved in creating some not-so-spooky Halloween décor for your home.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!