Do you feel like you woke up one day and realized you had no idea who you were outside of a mom and a wife? Too many stay-at-home moms (SAHM) find themselves in this position. That why, in addition to the series How to Rediscover Yourself After Marriage and Motherhood, I’m also hosting a Rediscovery Mom 31 Day Instagram Challenge.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
You feel like an angry mom, don't feel sexy, and self care is non-existent. You're not alone. The rediscovery mom 31 day Instagram challenge can help. Click To Tweet
I know how scary, stressful, and bewildering it can be to lose sight of who you are. I understand how hard it is when you fee l like you’re having more bad days than good. When you lose sight of yourself, all facets of your life suffer.
You’re more impatient and angry with your kids. You don’t feel like being intimate with your husband. Hanging out with friends becomes a constant complaint session. Self care pretty much goes out the window.
That is a terrifying reality for too many SAHM. If any of these scenarios sound familiar, then this series is for you.
Purpose of the Instagram Challenge
We live in a truly amazing time. The internet makes it easy for SAHM to connect and find community. You no longer have to fall prey to the loneliness and isolation that can come with staying home with your kids.
The purpose of this Instagram challenge is to give you a way to connect with other SAHM going through the same thing you are. You can find your cheerleaders to bolster your efforts. Connect with moms who share your hobbies. Be inspired by the things others are brave enough to try.
Rediscovery Mom 31 Day Instagram Challenge
In case you’re someone who needs some examples for what to share, I’ve included some ideas for each day. Remember that these correspond with the series starting next month, so be sure to follow along on the blog too.
- Share a selfie and let us know a little about yourself
- Share a photo of your new journal
My BIG Why
- This can be a quote, a photo that represents it
- Share a photo of or tag your cheerleader
- Post a photo of your affirmation cards or your fave
Meeting My Needs
- Show us how you’re meeting your needs today
Activity/Chore to Cut
- What are you cutting out to make time for you
- How are you enjoying some me time today
What I’m Listening To
- What’s on your playlist, current podcast love, or new audible book
- How are you getting outside today
- What important boundary are you setting
New Food to Try
- Step outside your flavor comfort zone
Fun Makeup Selfie
- Play with makeup like you’re 13 and share a photo of your look
- Share your mini mom oasis or elements of it such as candles, cozy throw, or music player
- Share your break-up letter
Date Night Look
- Get dolled up to go on a date with yourself
In My Cup
- Share you favorite mug, cup, or drink with us
- Share your goal setting work, new planner, or one big goal
Clothes You’re Tossing
- Share a photo of all those clothes you’re tossing to make room for who you are now
Hobby I Love
- Share a hobby you love but haven’t made time for
New Activity to Try
- Post a photo of a new activity you’re trying or want to try
Self Care Activity
- What self care activity are you practicing today
- Tell what your favorite physical, intellectual, or emotional feature is
- Try out a new look today and share it
- Share your awesome new bucket list
At Home Date Night
- How are you having a date night at home
- Share a photo of a date night out with yourself
Alternative Self Care Idea
- What alternative self care idea are you trying
- Share how you’re unplugging for social media/electronics weekly
Embracing My Weird
- How are you embracing your weird whether it’s in your style, what you’re watching or your mannerisms
- Share a selfie and let us know what you’ve learned, how far you’ve come, and how you plan to move forward
I am so excited for this Rediscovery Mom 31 Day Instagram Challenge. I want to help and connect with you throughout this journey so make sure you check share the Instagram image and use the challenge hashtag #rediscovermom. This will also make it easy to connect with other SAHM going through this journey with you. See you October 1st for the start of How to Rediscover Yourself After Marriage and Motherhood.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!