Are you looking for an easy and budget-friendly piece of coastal decor? This DIY sea glass picture frame is a gorgeous craft that comes together quickly and easily. Give it as a gift or use it to display (and protect) precious photos on your fridge!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
This DIY sea glass picture frame is so easy to make and totally budget-friendly. That makes a wonderful gift for friends and family (or yourself). Click To Tweet
I love the calmness and tranquility of coastal decor even though I tend to gravitate towards bright and colorful style. Luckily, I still get to enjoy the style because my mom loves it. (Also I still hold out hope that one day I’ll have a vacation home on the beach I can go nuts with.)
Whether you love the coastal style for your own home or simply want a pretty way to display the photos on your fridge, this DIY sea glass picture frame is the perfect easy craft for you. As I said above, it also makes a fantastic gift for parents and grandparents. Mother’s Day is coming up soon (hint hint). Head to your local Dollar Tree and you’re all set to get crafting.
DIY Sea Glass Picture Frame Materials
- Plastic Magnetic Picture Frame
- E6000 Adhesive (I used the white kind to clearly see where I placed it)
- Sea Glass
First, remove your magnetic picture frame from the packaging.
- Leave the paper picture inside of your frame while working. It provides a reference for where photos will be and where to place your sea glass.
Start attaching your sea glass by adding larger pieces of sea glass to the corners of your frame and gluing them into place.
- Make sure the pieces aren’t too big. If you make the frame too heavy the magnet will not hold it to the fridge.
Next, start to fill in the area between the corners with smaller pieces of sea glass. Use various sizes to create as even an edge around the frame as possible.
Continue gluing small pieces of sea glass onto the frame. Mix and match the colors as you want.
After you have the main frame outlined, fill in any desired areas with additional small pieces of sea glass.
Then check all of the edges to ensure that no glue has seeped down them.
- Pull apart your frame to do this so that you can wipe all of the excess glue without pressing it between the frame.
Lastly, set aside your frame to dry for at least 24 hours before using.
Once your DIY sea glass picture frame has dried simply add your photo and hang it on your refrigerator. This is so easy to make and totally budget-friendly. It also makes a wonderful gift for friends and family. Add it to your own coastal decor or surprise someone with it for a beautiful beachy display.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
More Ideas You’ll Love:
- Beautiful Pressed Flower DIY Bookmark
- Colorful Upcycled DIY Butterfly Votive Holders Gift
- DIY Sequin Magnetic Picture Frame
- Beautiful Botanical Foldable Mother’s Day Card Printable – Made in a Day
I’m a nerdy, crafty mom of three adorable little kids. I love writing and creating, but in my non-existent free time I also love karaoke, taking my kids to the zoo, and reading. I got my degree in Science (no idea how that happened) but I took every English class I could get my hands on because, yeah, I’m that girl.