When is the last time you pulled out your sewing machine? I admit that most of the time I opt to hand sew my projects instead of pulling out my sewing machine. If you’ve been following along then you know we are working hard to get out of debt and that means finding more ways to be frugal. Sewing your own clothes and décor is an easy way to boost your savings. It’s time to pull out the sewing machine and save money with these 12 easy sewing projects you can make now.
Pull out the sewing machine and save money with these 12 easy #sewing #projects! Click To Tweet
DIY Wallets for Kids (Life Sew Savory)
Give your kids somewhere to store all of that allowance with this easy DIY. You can easily customize it to their individual tastes with fabric and colors.
DIY Hedgehog Pin Cushion (DIY Home Sweet Home)
How stinking adorable is this little guy? There’s no reason your pin storage can’t be cute as well as functional.
Fabric Flower Boutonnieres (Blowing Away Out West)
This project is perfect for proms and weddings. Make a beautiful accessory on a budget with this tutorial.
Easy Oilcloth Post-It Note Holder (Bombshell Bling)
Are there any other Post-It addicts out there? Give them an adorable home with this easy sewing project.
Llama Finger Puppet (The Country Chic Cottage)
Being on a tight budget doesn’t mean you can’t still surprise the kiddos with toys. This easy finger puppet lets them get creative and have fun!
Quilted Sweetheart Pillow (Gluesticks Blog)
Could your couch use a refresh? It’s easily done with this gorgeous quilted pillow.
Kids Oven Mitt Free Pattern (Life Sew Savory)
Here’s another great DIY for kids’ pretend play. Get ready for lots of pretend dinners at home when you make this easy craft.
Easy Star Wars Sleep Shorts (DIY Adulation)
Clothing costs can be a huge hit to your budget. Make your own awesome clothes like these easy shorts.
DIY Boho Moroccan Pillow (Made in a Day)
If the quilted look isn’t your style, then make this boho Moroccan pillow instead for your living room. The bright colors are sure to give your home the update you want on the budget you have.
Felt Food Bacon and Eggs Sunny Side Up (Intelligent Domestications)
These felt foods are the perfect accessory to the oven mitt above. Kids will love “frying” up some bacon and eggs to serve at your pretend meals.
DIY Fruit Slice Pouf (Two Purple Couches)
Does it get any fresher than this awesome pouf? Brighten up that dark corner in your home with this gorgeous DIY!
DIY Camera Strap (Inside the Fox Den)
Need a new camera strap? Don’t go out and buy one. Instead, check out this easy tutorial to make it yourself.
When you’re paying off debt and trying to live frugally it is time to get reacquainted with that old sewing machine. Pull it out and start saving even more money with these 12 easy sewing projects. You can even start planning for a homemade Christmas this year by making these projects. Then check out the Merry Monday link party below to find even more awesome projects that save you money. Don’t forget if you’re struggling to make a budget I have a strategy to teach you How to Budget When You’re Overwhelmed. It doesn’t have to be confusing, complicated, or hard. I’ll show you how.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
Welcome to Merry Monday Link Party #192
Meet the Hosts
- My Pinterventures l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Made In A Day l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Domestically Creative l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Intelligent Domestications l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Two Purple Couches l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Inside the Fox Den l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Our Crafty Mom l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- DIY Adulation l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- C’mon Get Crafty l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- A Wonderful Thought l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
Host Featured Posts
All features are pinned to the Merry Monday Link Party Board!
Time to party & be seen on 10 blogs! Link-up our latest post on #MerryMonday 192 #linkparty! Click To Tweet
Help support the party & grab a button to display on your blog or party page!
Themes for party #192
What we’re looking for this week for possible features next week:
- Recipes with strawberries or Kahlua
- Dog treats/biscuit recipes
- Home – spring cleaning tips, organization tips, home tours, home decor
- Upcycled Projects/decor
- All things St. Patrick’s Day and spring related
- Rainbow or unicorn themed foods, crafts, & DIY’s