Convenient foods are your best friend during the week. Anything that can be thrown in the oven or in the Crock Pot is lifesaving. Unfortunately, prepping these meals for the freezer can take an entire day away from you. That’s why I love easy meals like these Homemade Freezer Bagel Pizzas and the easiest homemade freezer lasagna ever! These are prepped in minutes and get heated in the oven with almost no work on your part. Play that extra game with kids or curl up with a book for an hour while still getting a hot and delicious dinner on the table tonight.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Here’s the funny thing: I actually enjoy cooking. Even in my teeny tiny kitchen, I put Buffy on my tablet or play my favorite podcast and get to work. Unfortunately, there are plenty of other work and responsibilities vying for my time. Eating out every night is not in the budget, not to mention the health risks, so how do you balance home cooked meals with everything else on your plate? You make it as easy as possible. With meals like this homemade freezer lasagna I don’t have to choose between productivity and my family.
- Uncooked Lasagna Noodles
- 2 16 oz. Containers Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- Favorite Red Pasta Sauce
- 8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Start by lining the bottom of a glass baking pan with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- You can make clean up even easier by preparing this in aluminum lasagna pans from the Dollar Tree. You get 2 pans for a buck. Bargain!
Next, cover the layer of noodles in your favorite sauce.
Add a layer of cottage cheese over the sauce layer.
Then add another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 with sauce and cottage cheese.
Add a final layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
Next, cover the noodles with your remaining sauce.
Lastly, top the whole thing with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover your pan with aluminum foil and stick in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- When you are ready to cook, remove from the freezer the night before and let it defrost in the freezer until an hour before you plan to eat dinner.
- If you are not freezing before cooking your lasagna, let sit for at least 1 hour before cooking to soften the noodles. Otherwise, they won’t come out tender after baking.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400° F. Bake your lasagna covered for 1 hour then remove the foil and heat for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese on top is melted.
My family loves this ooey gooey and cheesy dinner and I love how easy to is to make. After you’ve tried the basic version of this homemade freezer lasagna, customize it to your family’s tastes by adding other ingredients between the sauce and cottage cheese layers. I love mushrooms but if I add them it’s a fight with the kids who prefer Italian sausage. Luckily, you can personalize this so I put sausage on half and mushrooms on the other half. It is also delicious with a side of homemade garlic bread. Yum!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
More Ideas You’ll Love:
- Sausage French Toast Breakfast Bake
- Easy and Hearty Zucchini and Turkey Pasta
- You Can’t Meal Plan Without Knowing What You Have
- 2 Super Easy Chicken Freezer Meals – Intelligent Domestications