If you read Why You Need a Grocery Freeze then you know that I am super frugal when it comes to our food budget. Freezer recipes are a big part of that. They save money and make meal time a breeze. Another way to save money is to make your own “convenience foods” at home. You know the ones. These are your Pop-Tarts, Go-Gurts, and frozen pizzas. Making these at home will save you a fortune. One of our favorite homemade convenience foods is these homemade freezer bagel pizzas. They’re easy to make and delicious; perfect for busy families.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
These are great for lunch time. We love to throw them in the oven on Saturday game days because the kids love them and it keeps us from hitting a drive-thru. A bonus tip to save you even more money: only buy the mini bagels when they’re on clearance. You can get an entire bag of them for under $2. Since you will be freezing the pizza you don’t have to worry about the freshness not lasting.
Freezer Bagel Pizzas Ingredients
- Bag of Mini Bagels
- Jar of Pizza Sauce
- 12oz Bag of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Open your bag of mini bagels and split each of them.
Fill a baking sheet with a single layer of bagel halves.
Next, cover each bagel half with a tablespoon of sauce. Use 2 tbsp. per bagel half if you like them saucier.
Sprinkle some cheese over each bagel half.
Place the baking sheet in the freezer until frozen.
After the pizzas have frozen, remove the tray and transfer the pizzas to a freezer bag.
Label your freezer bag and return it to the freezer.
Repeat steps 2 through 7 until all of your bagels are done.
When you are ready to cook your pizzas place the desired number of bagel pizzas on a baking sheet. Bake at 350º for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. It doesn’t get easier than that. These homemade freezer bagel pizzas are a perfect convenience food to have on hand. Pull them out any time you need a quick meal. If you want even more easy freezer meals, check out these delicious homemade freezer chicken nuggets. They are a much healthier alternative to drive-thru chicken nuggets and your kiddos will love them!
24 ounces Jarred Quartered Artichoke Hearts in Water
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 tablespoons Butter, divided
3/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Panko Bread Crumbs
- First, preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Next, strain your quartered artichoke hearts in a strainer or colander, shaking as much water from them as possible.
- Then, dry your quartered artichoke hearts further with paper towels.
- After the quartered artichoke hearts are dry, place them in a glass mixing bowl.
- Add your garlic to the artichoke hearts and mix with a rubber spatula gently to coat the artichoke hearts.
- Set garlic artichokes to the side and spray a glass baking dish with oil.
- Begin layering ingredients in your baking dish starting with the artichoke hearts and then sprinkling cheese.
- Next, cube 1 tbsp of butter and place them throughout the cheese and artichoke hearts.
- Continue layering until all of your artichoke hearts, cheese, and butter are in the baking dish.
- Lastly, sprinkle bread crumbs over the top of the dish.
- Cover your baking dish with foil and bake at 350° Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Then carefully remove the foil from the dish and bake an additional 10 minutes.
See where I’m linking up!
Don’t Forget to Pin It
More Ideas You’ll Love: