Have you ever noticed that right after you make all of those healthy resolutions for the New Year, you get slammed with more holidays? Super Bowl is sold with beer and hot wings. Valentine’s Day is swimming in candy. It seems impossible to stick to your goals. The trick is to make eating healthier as easy as possible. That is exactly what these baked coffee wings do. They let you enjoy your favorite football food while keeping calories down.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
How Baked Coffee Wings are Healthier
While chicken wings aren’t the healthiest choice for your diet, (one raw wing is around 100 calories), they can be make healthier. These delicious wings keep fat down in multiple ways and do it without sacrificing flavor.
- They are baked and not fried. Frying food adds extra and unnecessary calories.
- The only additional ingredient is the rub. Wings start packing on the calories when you add sauce on them and dip them in ranch.
- They don’t include any butter or oil which is common in most wing recipes.
First, make sure that your wings are completely defrosted.
Then pre-heat your over to 400º F.
Next, rinse your wings and place ½ of them in a gallon re-sealable bag.
- You have to do this in batches because you need room in the bag to shake them.
Add half of your coffee rub to the bag of wings and shake to coat.
Then place your coated wings on an 18×13 sheet pan in a single layer.
Add the second half of your wings and the remaining coffee rub into your re-sealable bag.
Again, shake to coat your wings.
Place your remaining coated wings on your sheet pan in a single layer.
Next, bake your wings at 400º F for 50-60 minutes.
Immediately transfer from your pan and serve hot.
A Great Party Food
You literally shake these up and throw them in the over. Party food does not get any easier than that. Baked coffee wings are also easy to make in bulk. No guest will go hungry from you running out. Want to know the absolute best part? Your guests won’t miss the traditional wings one bit when you serve these babies. They are that good!
What makes these baked coffee wings so good is all in the rub. You definitely want to use the Coffee Rub from Pepper Palace. (I’m not an affiliate; it’s just seriously that good.) It tastes amazing. Unlike other coffee rubs, it breaks down great on your wings so you don’t feel like you’re eating grit. We used to have to stock up when we vacationed in Gatlinburg but now you can totally buy it online and ship it right to your door. Talk about a Touchdown! This Super Bowl Sunday, have your wings and stick to your diet with delicious baked coffee wings.
1 hour 5 minutes
2.5 lbs. Bone-In Chicken Wings
¾ Cup Coffee Rub
- First, make sure that your wings are completely defrosted.
- Then pre-heat your over to 400º F.
- Next, rinse your wings and place ½ of them in a gallon re-sealable bag.
- Add half of your coffee rub to the bag of wings and shake to coat.
- Then place your coated wings on an 18x13 sheet pan in a single layer.
- Add the second half of your wings and the remaining coffee rub into your re-sealable bag.
- Again, shake to coat your wings.
- Place your remaining coated wings on your sheet pan in a single layer.
- Next, bake your wings at 400º F for 50-60 minutes.
- Immediately transfer from your pan and serve hot.
See where I’m linking up!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!