I don’t know about you but I love the beach! If our house were a dictatorship, with me as queen, every family vacation would be to the Gulf Coast. Unfortunately, we take turns deciding destinations. This means more often than not our trips consist of hiking and camping. If your family vacation finds you -anywhere off of the trails, this is the perfect do-it-yourself project for you. This monogrammed tote bag can be customized to your style and holds everything you’ll need for a day out! (Or you can do what I did and give it as a wonderful gift.)
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
Using your fabric marker, draw the initial you want in the middle of your tote bag.
- You will need to go over the initial multiple times to darken it. Think of it as multiple coats of paint.
- If you would like, you can add decorative swashes to it (as I did).
- If you don’t trust (or like) your handwriting, you can use a stencil for your monogram.
Once the paint has dried, go over the design with a heat tool.
- Hold the tool at least 12 inches from your design if you are using the same bag in the photos. The material it is made of will melt if exposed to the extreme heat that a heat gun can put out.
Next, remove the metal clips from your flowers as well as any packaging.
- The flower clips pictured were easy to disassemble. Gently pulling on the clip made it come right off.
Cut the remaining stems off of your flowers.
Add a generous amount of hot glue to the back of one of your flowers and adhere it to your tote.
- Let the glue cool slightly before pressing the flower to your tote. A few seconds should be enough. You simply don’t want the glue to melt through the bag.
- Slide your hand inside the tote and press firmly from behind to better secure the flower.
Repeat step 5 with each remaining flower you would like on your tote bag.
Allow everything to cool and then use as wanted.
This monogrammed tote makes a perfect beach bag because of the size and material of it. Of course, you will love it so much that you’ll be happy to sling it on your shoulder even if your family adventures don’t take you to the sand. To wash, simply wipe your tote down with a damp cloth. Mild soap is okay if needed but no bleach or heavy duty cleaners. Also, be sure to wipe it down by hand. The washer will make the flowers come off. Lastly, if your little girl will be traveling with you, make her this adorable little purse to show off on your trip!