Some days you feel energized, creative, and ready to take on the world. You are Mom. Hear you roar. Of course, other days you wonder if you made the coffee wrong or something because you are dragging. Those days make it tough to spend time with the kids because you are simply exhausted. Today’s kids’ craft is the perfect activity to pull out on the dragging days. This DIY bedroom door sign is easy to make and to clean up. There is no messy glue involved because everything is literally peel and stick. It doesn’t get much easier than that. Check out the tutorial now: then stick around below for bonus tips for mom.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
- Adhesive Foam Sheets
- Foam Letter Stickers
- Foam Smiley Face Stickers
First, decide on what the bedroom door sign will say.
Next, sort through your foam letter stickers and lay out the ones you need.
- You may need to adjust our saying if the letters aren’t available, especially when making multiple signs.
Before you remove any backing, test the layout of your foam letters until you have the desired alignment.
- Take a picture of the alignment with Mom’s phone to have a reference in case it gets bumped or messed up.
Remove the sticky backing from your letters and begin placing them on your sign.
Continue placing your letter stickers on until your saying is complete.
Next, go nuts embellishing the sign with your foam smiley face stickers.
Remove the backing on your foam sheet and stick it to the bedroom door.
Extra Tips and Tricks for Mom
- This craft is easy enough for toddlers to do since it is only placing stickers.
- I recommend letting older kids pick their sayings first and then letting toddlers just have random letters that are left.
- Younger kids may need help spelling or getting creative with the letters. For example: a sign saying “Princess X-Ing” instead of “Princess Crossing” will save S stickers.
- Use a cotton swab soaked in Goo Gone to gently pry it from the door. This prevents paint damage and leftover sticky residue.
This #DIY bedroom door sign is the perfect #kidscraft to pull out on sluggish mom days. Click To Tweet
See? I told you it doesn’t get much easier than this DIY bedroom door sign. Clean up the sticker backing pieces and you are done. I want to warn you to give the toddler a set amount of stickers in the beginning of the project. If you don’t, he will continue sticking them on until you have a quirky, 3-Dimensional wall sculpture on your hands. Of course, if you don’t mind being totally out of stickers, it is kind of cool looking as far as abstract art goes. Don’t forget to check out the other crafts in our Creative Play Kit series, like these Mini Pompom Monsters, before you go.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
I’m a nerdy, crafty mom of three adorable little kids. I love writing and creating, but in my non-existent free time I also love karaoke, taking my kids to the zoo, and reading. I got my degree in Science (no idea how that happened) but I took every English class I could get my hands on because, yeah, I’m that girl.