October is the month for delicious pumpkin treats, scary movies, and awesome costumes. That is what makes this month so great. This year are you looking for a truly terrifying experience? Dent Schoolhouse absolutely delivers. There is a reason that it is one of the top ranked haunted attractions nationally. Last week, I had the privilege of getting a behind-the-scenes tour thanks to Dent Schoolhouse and Dunkin Donuts. Let me tell you, it was awesome! Keep reading to find out how (and why) to rock your October with Dent Schoolhouse and Dunkin Donuts!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
Go behind-the-scenes @DentSchoolhouse + see why it is THE #hauntedattraction to see! #ad Click To Tweet
About Dent Schoolhouse
You can get all of the spooky details at the Dent Gazette link on the Dent Schoolhouse website but I want to give you a mini-history in case you aren’t familiar with the haunted house. It started out as a real public school in Dent, Ohio in the late 1800’s. It eventually closed in the 1950’s after several students had gone missing and parents charged the school. (Scary, right?) The building first became a haunted attraction when the Boy Scouts used it to raise money. They featured more traditional Halloween monsters like werewolves. Once Bud and his partners bought the schoolhouse 12 years ago, they wanted a more cinematic haunted attraction which is exactly what they created.
Dent Schoolhouse Behind the Scenes
Horror is definitely their passion at Dent Schoolhouse and it shows. There is so much detail that they put into every room and they are constantly changing and improving the entire experience. What does that mean for you? It means that even if you visit Dent Schoolhouse every year, you will have new horrors and new themes to experience. In our hour and a half tour, I took hundreds of photos and still wanted to take hundreds more. Below are just a few of the awesome creations I say but it all adds up to one heck of a haunted house experience.
All the Important Details
Hours of Operations:
- Thursday (October Only) 7:30 pm-10 pm
- Friday-Saturday 7:30 pm – 12 am
- Wait times are longest on Saturday nights. Go on Thursdays or Fridays for a shorter wait.
Where to Get Tickets:
- Tickets are available for purchase on-site and online. Only cash is accepted on-site for all purchases.
- Buy your tickets online to skip the ticket lines at Dent Schoolhouse and jump right in line for the action.
- On the last Sunday of October (the 29th of 2017) Dent Schoolhouse offers a lights-on event to bring your kids to. The actors are not running around scaring you although some will be on-site to hand out candy to your little ones.
- My kids couldn’t handle a regular night at Dent Schoolhouse but I took my 8 year old to the behind-the-scenes tour with me and he had a blast. You can see him in some of the pictures above.
- Ghost Tours are offered on Wednesdays in October. These tours take you through the schoolhouse and tell you the history and real-life ghost stories of the school.
- A lights out night takes place in November and it is for you horror fans that are braver than me. This is the only night in the season when you can pay for a button/sticker that lets the actors know that they can touch you during the haunted house.
Keep your autumn energy up with @DunkinCincy new Pumpkin Iced Macchiato! #ad #ddcincy Click To Tweet
Add Some Dunkin Donuts
If you have to wait in line for the scary fun you need to have sustenance. While you can purchase Dunkin Donuts pre-packaged iced coffee on-site, my personal fave is the Pumpkin Coffee which you need to pick up at Dunkin Donuts. It is the perfect drink to skip on while you wait and stay energized. This year they also have a new Pumpkin Iced Macchiato that sounds amazing. (I’m dying to try it!) Of course, no coffee is complete without one of their delicious pumpkin donuts or muffins. If you are like me and can’t choose, I vote for getting one of each. Be sure to check out all of Dunkin Donuts’ promotions to see all of the ways you can save money on your favorites, like the Who Dey promotion for all of my Bengals fans out there. (Even if it has been a tough season for us.. cough cough)
Now, are you ready to rock your October with Dent Schoolhouse and Dunkin Donuts? Don’t forget that even if you have been to Dent Schoolhouse before there are new scares to be had each year, including this one. Which area shown above are you looking forward to experiencing the most? Let me know in the comments. Don’t forget to pick up your Pumpkin Coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts before heading to lines at Dent Schoolhouse. Now it is time for even more awesomeness. Enter the giveaway below for your chance to score 2 free tickets to this incredible and terrifying haunted house!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!