When you need to save money and pay off debt multi-purpose projects are a busy mom’s best friend. School breaks with the kids can tempt you to blow your budget on activities and outings. Kill multiple birds with one stone and make this easy painted DIY wrapping paper.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
This is one of our favorite activities during school breaks. The kids get to be creative and messy. We always have a supply of unique wrapping paper for gifts on hand. It’s also budget friendly!
I love that this craft is easy and fun for kids of all ages. Even the splattered hand prints of babies look adorable on the end product. Family members will love getting gifts wrapped in such thoughtful paper.
- You will see in the photos that little man spilled his cup of brush water onto the paper. This doesn’t ruin the paper. If it happen, gently blot what you can with paper towels. Then allow the paper to dry completely before removing it from the table. If you try to remove it before it is completely dry, you run the risk of it tearing.
First, cover your dining room table with craft paper. Use painters tape to secure the ends.
- It will likely take two pieces to cover the entire width of the table.
Next, put some finger paint on the each paint tray.
Let the kids go nuts painting the paper. If the fill one area, simply have them switch seats to another area until the entire paper surface is covered.
Allow the paint to dry completely before removing the paper from your table.
To store, roll the dried painted paper and secure with rubber bands until needed.
- Be sure your kids are wearing play clothes during this activity and also have them throw on these kid decorated aprons.
- Even though the paint says it’s washable, it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Be careful when removing the tape so you don’t rip your wrapping paper.
- Wrap your paper around an empty paper towel tube for more stability during storage.
This easy painted DIY wrapping paper is the perfect creative activity for bored kiddos. Fill your school break calendar with budget-friendly activities like this to dominate mom life. Stay on top of your financial goals while you’re at it. Nothing can stop you this year!
One last bonus tip before you go: If you make this as often as we do, you might want to put the year in multiple places on the back. This will let friends and family know what age the kiddos painted it. Grandparents love this!
See where I’m linking up!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
More Ideas You’ll Love: