Are you ready for a delicious and decadent dessert that will blow your guests away this New Years? You are in the right place. These sparkly peanut butter caramel chocolate truffles are rich inside and out. They are also incredibly easy to make. Only 4 ingredients topped with a dusting of gold sparkle and you have an amazing dessert to wow your guests with. Of, and did I mention that they aren’t made with cream cheese? Instead, they come packed with a mouthwatering caramel. This is great for the guests who don’t love cream cheese, like me.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
- Package of Peanut Butter Oreos
- 8-10 oz. Hershey’s Caramel Topping
- 12 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp. Shortening
- Wilton Pearl Dust
Note: The pearl dust is totally optional. It doesn’t add any flavor. It just makes it shiny and pretty!
First, crush the Oreos in your food processor.
- If you have a small food processor, I found it is better to do one row of Oreos at a time.
Pour your crushed Oreos into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Next add your caramel to the crushed Oreos and mix thoroughly with a silicone spatula.
Form your cookie mixture into 25 even balls and place on a silicone mat.
- The mixture will be very sticky so you may want to coat your hands in non-stick spray.
- If the mixture is too loose to work with, chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes before forming your balls.
Now freeze your balls (still on the mat) for 1 hour.
Next, melt your chocolate chips.
Then stir the shortening into your melted chocolate chips.
- This will make the chocolate coat the balls better.
Using a fork dip your frozen balls into the chocolate to cover and then return to your silicone mat.
Let the chocolate set before moving on.
Lastly, brush each truffle with Wilton Pearl Dust.
- I brushed mine directly on but you can also mix it with a dab of almond extract for a more metallic look.
Seriously, these sparkly peanut butter caramel chocolate truffles are the most delicious thing you will ever put in your mouth. Your guests will love this decadent dessert so you may want to snag one before you serve them. Otherwise you could miss out. Trust me. You do not want to miss getting your truffle. Do you need more awesome ideas for your New Years Eve party? Check out the tutorial for this New Years Eve Gold Clock Noise Maker. Then come back to find out how to make a Family New Years Time Capsule and DIY Colorful Party Blowers! All of these DIY ideas will help you have the best New Years Party ever this year!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!