Valentines Day isn’t just a holiday for couples. It is a lot of fun to get the kiddos involved too. That’s exactly what this printable DIY Reasons I Love You Valentine book gift does! It’s the perfect craft to shower Dad with love this year.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
Dad will love getting this printable DIY Reasons I Love You Valentine book gift from the kiddos! It’s a sweet way to let him know how much he means to you. Click To Tweet
This activity was fun for all of the kiddos and when we had 3 days off of school in one week, I decided it was the perfect time to whip it out. Some of the kiddos struggled with what to write/draw so it also sparked some wonderful conversation with them about what Papa does with them and for them.
If you’re looking for an adorable way to show Dad some love this Valentine’s Day then this craft is perfect for you!
Materials for Valentine Book Gift
- Printable Reasons I Love You Coloring Sheets (Click the link to print)
- Paper Cutter
- Hole Punch (I used my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite)
First, print out the Reasons I Love You coloring sheets. You will need 1 cover for each child and 1 inside page for each year of the child’s age.
- My eldest had 9 “I Love You Because” pages, my daughter had 6, and the youngest only had 4.
Once you’ve printed the number of pages you need cut them in half using a paper cutter.
- Line up the blade with the white space in between the center lines.
Next, allow your kids to color the covers of their books. This will likely take the most amount of time.
After the covers have been colored, have your kids fill out each “I Love You Because” page. Younger kids can draw pictures of what they love about Dad while older kids can write the reason they love him.
- For particularly difficult to recognize pages, Mom can write the translation out on the bottom. For example, my youngest knows how to write his letters but not exactly how to spell words yet. He wanted to write like his older brother but it looked like word soup. He “read” it to me and I wrote what he was trying to say underneath.
Next, assemble the books together. Mom can do this or you can include the kiddos. Start by lining up the pages for 1 book and punch 2 holes on the left edge.
Then cut a length of ribbon a few inches longer than the length of the book. This is how you bind the book.
Thread the length of ribbon through the punched holes from the back so that the loose ends are in the front of the book.
Lastly, tie the ends of the ribbon in a bow to hold the book together.
- I recommend double knotting the bow so that it doesn’t come apart.
Dad will love getting this printable DIY Reasons I Love You Valentine book gift from the kiddos this year! It’s such a sweet way to let him know how much he means to all of you. Bonus, this easy craft makes a great snow day activity when you need a bit of calm. One last note, my daughter didn’t like her first cover so she asked me to print a second one so she could redo it. If your little one is a perfectionist like mine, you may want to go ahead and print some extra sheets for mistakes.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
More Ideas You’ll Love:
- DIY Pokemon Card Valentines
- Easy DIY Valentine Gift Card Box
- DIY Valentine Ideas for Kids
- Paper Straws Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids – Cookies, Coffee, and Crafts
I’m a nerdy, crafty mom of three adorable little kids. I love writing and creating, but in my non-existent free time I also love karaoke, taking my kids to the zoo, and reading. I got my degree in Science (no idea how that happened) but I took every English class I could get my hands on because, yeah, I’m that girl.