When your daughter is little, she goes through this awesome phase of wanting to be like mommy. From trying out makeup to wearing jewelry and those plastic heels she is all about what you do. Cherish this phase of her childhood with these adorable pink glitter mommy and me necklaces.
Affiliate links are used on this site. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
These pink glitter mommy and me necklaces are the perfect way to cherish that precious ‘twinsies’ phase together. They’re an easy to make treasure to share! Click To Tweet
Growing up I always marched to the beat of my own fashion drum. I remember when I was maybe 11 and we went on a trip to an amusement park as a family. We had matching t-shirts and I hated it. So much so that I kept on my sweatshirt even after it was definitely not chilly anymore to avoid matching my family.
Fast forward 20-something years and I’m taking my kiddos to their first Disney vacation this year. What are we packing? Adorable matching shirts of course. It’s funny how things change.
Thankfully, my daughter is still in that phase of life where she loves being “twinsies” with me. Since I know that will change all to soon for my tastes, I’m taking advantage of it now with things like at-home makeovers together and these pink glitter mommy and me necklaces.
Mommy and Me Necklaces Materials
- 2 Part Epoxy Resin Mix
- Small Plastic Cup
- Popsicle Stick for Stirring
- Protective Gloves
- Hot Pink Glitter
- Pendants Mold (I used the circle ones from this kit)
- Dremel with Sanding Attachments (I use this one)
- Monogram Charms
- Jewelry Tools Set
- String (I used multicolored twine)
- 2 Claw Clasps
- 2 Jump Rings
As always, first put on your protective gloves before handling epoxy resin.
Add 1 tbsp of each element of your epoxy resin to your small plastic cup.
- It does not take much resin mixture to make these pendants. I used the leftover resin from this DIY bookmark to make these pendants.
Next, thoroughly mix up your resin with a popsicle stick or similar tool.
After the resin is mixed, add in some hot pink glitter.
- Start with a small amount of glitter. You can always add more if it’s not enough.
Then mix your glitter into your resin mixture.
Next, pour the glittery resin mixture into your pendant molds.
- I used 2 different sized pendants. The larger one for the Mommy necklace and the smaller one for the Baby necklace.
Once the resin mixture is in your molds, allow it to cure for 24+ hours.
After the resin is cured, pop the pendants from the mold and sand down any rough edges with your Dremel. Wipe any dust away with a damp cloth before moving on.
Next attach your monogram charms with E6000 to each pendant. I used an “M” and a “B” for mommy and baby girl, but you can use whichever letters are meaningful to you and your daughter.
- The monogram charms I used came with jump rings attached to them. If that’s the case, remove the jump ring before attaching to your pendants.
Allow the E6000 to dry complete before moving on.
Step 11 (Optional)
Next, add a jump ring to each of your pendants. This makes them lay flatter but also makes it easier for your daughter to lose the charm if the jump ring breaks. I opted to go without.
Then thread the pendants onto a corresponding length of string. Measure your string length by wrapping around your neck at a length that you like then add 2 more inches to that length.
Once your pendants are threaded onto the string, tie a jump ring to one end and a claw clasp to the opposite end of each.
- If your sting is too thick to thread directly through the claw clasp, add a jump ring and then thread your string through that to attach the clasp.
Lastly, trim any excess string and enjoy!
Slow time down a little and savor this moment in childhood with your daughter. These pink glitter mommy and me necklaces are the perfect way to cherish that precious ‘twinsies’ phase together. They’re incredibly easy to make and something you will love long after she stops wearing her matching necklace with you.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
More Ideas You’ll Love:
- DIY Jewelry Ideas Even Beginners Can Make
- Easy DIY Candy Clip-On Earrings
- Matching Mommy and Me Barrettes
- Glittery Mommy & Me Valentine’s Day Shirt – Cookies, Coffee, and Crafts
I’m a nerdy, crafty mom of three adorable little kids. I love writing and creating, but in my non-existent free time I also love karaoke, taking my kids to the zoo, and reading. I got my degree in Science (no idea how that happened) but I took every English class I could get my hands on because, yeah, I’m that girl.