By this time of year, gardeners are swimming in cucumbers. They are so easy to grow and produce like crazy. What do you do when you can’t keep up and have enough pickles to last you a lifetime? Make these delicious lemon dill cucumber chips!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
Wondering what to do with that mountain of cucumbers burying you (or simply looking for a healthy snack idea)? Make these easy lemon dill cucumber chips! Click To Tweet
Admittedly I can eat cucumbers right off the vine but I no longer keep a garden. My mom is an avid gardener, though, so that means lots of delicious produce for our family every year.
She grows so much that sometimes it is difficult for even me to keep up with all of the cucumbers and tomatoes. That’s how these cucumber chips came to be.
These are the perfect crunchy snack to satisfy your cravings without wasting calories on junk. They are also a great way to preserve the influx of cucumbers at the end of the season. The best part is that they only take 3 ingredients to make so believe me when I say that they are crazy easy to make.
- 4-6 Medium Fresh Cucumbers
- 4-6 Tbsp. Lemon Pepper Dill Spice Mix (Adjust to tastes)
- Splash of Lemon Juice
First, cut your cucumbers into slices roughly one quarter to a half inch thick.
- Don’t worry about making them perfect. As you can see, mine aren’t.
- Also, don’t use a mandolin slicer to cut them. These result in the slices being too thin and falling apart during marinating.
Next, place the slices of cucumber in a gallon resealable bag.
Then add your lemon dill spice and lemon juice to the bag with the cucumber slices.
Seal your cucumbers and spices in the bag and shake up the contents until well mixed.
Next, leave your sealed bag in the fridge overnight to allow the cucumber slices to marinate.
After your cucumber slices have marinated overnight, fill the trays of your dehydrator with the slices in a single layer.
- For the record, my dehydrator is absolutely ancient (like they don’t even make it anymore) but if you’re looking to purchase one, here is the one I’m dying to have.
Dehydrate each batch of chips for 10-15 hours. My dehydrator only has one setting (plugged in) but if yours has options, I would go for a medium setting.
- Check your chips every hour after the first 4 hours if you have a newer dehydrator. They may finish sooner than mine do.
Finally, eat and enjoy your delicious cucumber chips right away! Or, save them for later by storing the leftovers in an airtight container for guilt-free snacking any time.
These lemon dill cucumber chips are absolutely amazing! They have the perfect crunch with a tang of pepper and zest of lemon. Even kiddos who hate vegetables enjoy this healthy snack. Once you’ve mastered this recipe, feel free to change up the spices. Next, I’m going to try it with my favorite coffee rub. I promise to let you know how they turn out!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
More Ideas You’ll Love:
- Easy Homemade After School Snack Ideas
- Super Cheap Homemade Large Pepperoni Pizzas
- Cheesy Crispy Baked Asparagus
- Maple Orange Granola Mix – My Pinterventures
I’m a nerdy, crafty mom of three adorable little kids. I love writing and creating, but in my non-existent free time I also love karaoke, taking my kids to the zoo, and reading. I got my degree in Science (no idea how that happened) but I took every English class I could get my hands on because, yeah, I’m that girl.