Can you believe August starts this week? That means the first day of school is rapidly approaching. Eek! Luckily, these fun and adorable DIY back to school ideas are easy projects to have your family ready in no time.
This year we are starting school much earlier. Normally we start around the 21st but this year the first day of school is August 15th. Surprises like this are exactly why I love planning ahead.
Thanks to my Back 2 School Quick Guide, we are prepared despite the fact that our vacation is the week before school starts. The kids’ backpacks are stocked with school supplies, breakfasts are batched, and we’re getting back into our routine.
All that’s left are some small details like organization elements and some of the fun stuff. All of which you will find in these DIY back to school ideas.
Back to School ABC Cookies (She Saved)
These adorable cookies are the perfect sweet treat to get kids excited for the new school year! Throw a mini celebration for dinner the night before school starts or simply pack them as a surprise in their lunchboxes.
Striped Pen Holder (Simply Designing)
Nothing is more frustrating than kids sitting down to do homework and complaining about not having a pencil. Keep a stash homework ready with this easy pen holder.
DIY Desk Organizer (Anika’s DIY Life)
Need to free up space on your kid’s desk? This DIY organizer utilizes empty wall space for a clutter free surface.
Vintage School Desk DIY (Pink Fortitude)
Speaking of desks, how about going vintage with your child’s homework area? This adorable desk makeover is great for saving space! It’s the perfect place for doing homework or simply being artistic.
Back to School Shirt (Where the Smiles Have Been)
Are you looking for a fun and easy back to school tradition? If so, this t-shirt idea is exactly what you’re looking for.
School Supplies Tote for Classroom Organization (Gluesticks)
Teachers spend so much time, money, and energy preparing for the new school year. Say thank you with a school supplies tote!
10-Minute Collection Envelope for Box Tops (Dazzle While Frazzled)
Ahh, the lovely Box Tops competitions. It’s proof that school is truly back in session. Wrangle those little rectangles until it’s time to send them in with this easy envelope!
DIY School Year Journals (DIY Adulation)
Don’t forget corralling all of those school papers and artwork. These DIY school year journals help you organize it all while capturing your child’s precious school year memories.
Now that we’ve gotten you taken care of with these fun and adorable DIY back to school ideas, I have to know. Are you excited for school to start back up? I love my kids something fierce but I have to admit, I am looking forward to the reprieve. I like my routine and summer comes and destroys it like a tornado. School means schedules, routines, and all the things organized hearts love.
Now it’s time to get this week’s Merry Monday link party started! Find even more back to school ideas below and be sure to share your awesomeness with us too!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
Welcome to Merry Monday Link Party #215
- My Pinterventures l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+ l YT
- Made In A Day l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Domestically Creative l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Intelligent Domestications l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Cookies Coffee and Crafts l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
- Inside the Fox Den l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Our Crafty Mom l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- DIY Adulation l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- A Wonderful Thought l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
- Two Purple Couches l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
Host Featured Posts
All features are pinned to the Merry Monday Link Party Board!
Time to party & be seen on 10 blogs! Link-up your latest post on #MerryMonday 215 #linkparty! Click To Tweet
Help support the party & grab a button to display on your blog or party page!
Merry Monday Link Party
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
Themes for party #215
What we’re looking for this week for possible features next week:
- Recipes – Baked beans, Picnic dishes, hot dogs, ice cream, fried chicken, cheesecakes, & lasagnas
- Home – summer decor and home tours, & farmhouse tours
- Occasions – Summer travel tips, Pool party ideas, Back to School
- Crafts & Activities – all things Summer – kid activities, patriotic crafts, and outdoor fun. Farmhouse crafts/DIY projects.
I’m a nerdy, crafty mom of three adorable little kids. I love writing and creating, but in my non-existent free time I also love karaoke, taking my kids to the zoo, and reading. I got my degree in Science (no idea how that happened) but I took every English class I could get my hands on because, yeah, I’m that girl.