Got a Disney trip coming up? If so, give yourself a little peace of mind with these free printable “Call Mom” safety cards for kids. They make sure your phone number is always close if your kiddos need it for any reason at all during your trip! Check out the additional safety tips for your little one’s safety while you’re here too.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
Stress less on your next trip! Give yourself a peace of mind and your kiddos a helpful tool with these free printable “Call Mom” safety cards for kids. Click To Tweet
Losing a child, even for a few minutes is a terrifying experience as a mom. I have totally been there and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Before we get to the tutorial, it’s important to know that these are a last resort in safety, especially for younger kids who are having difficulty remembering your phone number. It’s important to always talk to your kiddos about the rules and expectations for crowded places.
Things to Talk About with Your Kids:
- Talk about what the appropriate distance is that they can be from you. Then be sure to practice that distance repeatedly before your trip. This helps the kids get a representation about what that distance actually looks like and remember it.
- You also want to talk about who the appropriate people are for your child to go to if they do get lost. What do these people dress like and discuss any additional features/accessories to look for.
- Lastly, make sure you discuss safety tactics for if someone, Heaven forbid, would try to take your kid. For example, they should start yelling “Fire” to get people’s attention and they should kick, scream, fight and make it as difficult as possible for the abductor. Most abductors who try to take children from public want a child they can take quickly an easily.
“Call Mom” Safety Cards Materials
- Free Printable Call Mom Safety Cards
- Laminating Machine and Folders
- Paper Cutter
First, warm up your laminating machine so that it’s ready.
Then print out your call mom safety cards.
Next cut out each of your cards using a paper cutter.
Once your cards are cut out, write your phone number on the number of cards you need. (In case you’re curious, nope, that’s not my number. Sorry. I’m sure you’re heartbroken.)
- I didn’t put my name on these because I don’t want someone to get their hands on one of these and claim that they know/were sent by me to my kiddos.
Then open up a laminating envelope and place your cards inside. Be sure to leave space between each card to allow for them to seal all the way around.
Next, run your laminating envelope with the cards inside through your lamination machine.
After your cards are laminated, cut them apart using scissors.
How to Use:
At the start of each day, place the cards inside your kiddos shoes. If at any point they become separated from you or lost, they can pull out this card and give the appropriate authorities/workers your number to call. The shoe ensures it doesn’t get lost throughout the day and the lamination protects it from sweaty or wet feet.
You also want to work with your kids early and often on learning basics like your phone number, first and last name, and home address. Of course, my oldest has a cell phone and has already forgotten my phone number so this might be necessary for older kids and pre-teens too.
These free printable “Call Mom” safety cards for kids are such a useful resource for moms. In addition to giving kids a contact in case they get lost or separated from you in busy locations, they are great for when you travel to unfamiliar locations too. For example, just checking out a new city on vacation or stopping at a Target on the way to the beach for sunscreen. It’s simply an easy tool to give you some peace of mind.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!