Kids are constantly asking about snack time in our house. It’s a bigger deal than any other meal in their eyes. With the new school year around the corner, it’s time to start planning now with these easy homemade after school snack ideas.
Snack time is a big deal in this house. These easy homemade after school snack ideas making keeping a well-stocked snack station easy! Click To Tweet
In my free subscriber gift, Moms Back 2 School Quick Guide, I talk about setting up a snack station for your kids. This makes the after school routine so much easier.
Later this month I’ll share how to make your own snack station easily, but until then, try out some delicious homemade snacks to fill it. Experiment with a few of these awesome recipes to see what your kids love and what they don’t.
Then, once school starts, you have a cache of easy snack recipes to keep your snack station with.
Strawberry Yogurt Bark (Drug Store Divas)
This delicious treat is great when it’s crazy hot outside. Let your kid cool off after the walk from the bus to the house with some strawberry yogurt bark. It’s a great treat for mom, too.
Slow Cooker Applesauce (Play Dates & Parties)
Let your kids get in on the snack making fun with this easy applesauce recipe. It’s the perfect easy idea to introduce kids to cooking.
Simple 10-Minute Garlic Edamame (Fluster Buster)
Edamame is absolutely delicious. 2 of my 3 kiddos love it as much as I do. This recipe is a simple way to create a healthy after school snack for everyone.
Quick Stove Top Granola (Walking on Sunshine)
Granola is fantastic because it doubles as a breakfast and a snack. This stove top version is easy to make so you can stock up now!
Crunchy No Bake Energy Bites (Fivespot Green Living)
Do your kids want a snack with a crunch to it? If so, these no bake energy bites are the perfect way to give it to them!
Healthy Strawberry Oats Energy Bars (Keeping It Real)
Who doesn’t love strawberries? We certainly do and these energy bars are another great recipe that works well for breakfast and snacks.
Golden Mango Protein Cookies (Healthy Helper)
Add a tropical flavor to your after school snacks with these delicious mango protein cookies! Plus kids are always up for cookies in any form.
Chickpea and Black Bean Snack Mix (Dizzy, Busy, and Hungry)
This snack mix is another great crunchy snack that is great for the entire family. It’s easy to customize the seasoning for your family’s tastes making this a versatile snack idea.
Healthy Lemon Raspberry Breakfast Cookie Recipe (Hello Creative Family)
Yes, these are breakfast cookies but much like the others on this list, they also make a great snack idea. It is fresh and sweet just like your kiddos.
Lemon and Dill Cucumber Chips (DIY Adulation)
Do your kids love chips? Try this healthy cucumber alternative in lieu of traditional chips!
These easy homemade after school snack ideas will have you ready for stress-free school days in no time. Don’t forget to try them out with your kiddos before school starts. Then you can stock your snack station with treats you know they’ll love.
Now, it’s time to get on down to the Merry Monday Link Party for this week! Share your awesome new posts then check out what your friends are sharing. I’ll see you down there!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
Welcome to Merry Monday Link Party #212
- My Pinterventures l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+ l YT
- Made In A Day l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Domestically Creative l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Intelligent Domestications l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Cookies Coffee and Crafts l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
- Inside the Fox Den l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Our Crafty Mom l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- DIY Adulation l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- A Wonderful Thought l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
- Two Purple Couches l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
Host Featured Posts
All features are pinned to the Merry Monday Link Party Board!
Time to party & be seen on 10 blogs! Link-up your latest post on #MerryMonday 212 #linkparty! Click To Tweet
Help support the party & grab a button to display on your blog or party page!
Merry Monday Link Party
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
Themes for party #212
What we’re looking for this week for possible features next week:
- Recipes – Baked beans, Picnic dishes, hot dogs, ice cream, fried chicken, cheesecakes, & lasagnas
- Home – summer decor and home tours, & farmhouse tours
- Occasions – Summer travel tips, Pool party ideas, Back to School
- Crafts & Activities – all things Summer – kid activities, patriotic crafts, and outdoor fun. Farmhouse crafts/DIY projects.
I’m a nerdy, crafty mom of three adorable little kids. I love writing and creating, but in my non-existent free time I also love karaoke, taking my kids to the zoo, and reading. I got my degree in Science (no idea how that happened) but I took every English class I could get my hands on because, yeah, I’m that girl.