Do you have a retreat in your home where you can relax and recharge? Most moms don’t and that’s a mistake. Even if you’re short on space, find out how you can create a mini mom oasis for recharging.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
I am actually lucky enough to have a craft room, however, it is not my mom oasis. It’s in our unfinished basement, it’s dark, and not a peaceful and calm area for me.
It suits my needs for work and saving our family money. I can create there and make handmade gifts or costumes. However, it is not the place that I go to recharge because it doesn’t suit my needs for that.
I need something that is calming, relaxing, and bright. Because of that, since I don’t have another room that I can turn into an oasis for me, I have to go with another option for creating my mom oasis. That’s why I have tips to help you create a mini mom oasis when you don’t have a lot of space to devote to it.
Mom Time Outs
Everyone needs a time out sometimes. When work stresses you out, you get breaks and a lunch. If you were overwhelmed at school, there were breaks throughout and you got to go home at the end of the day. This structure is dictated throughout our lives… until you become a stay-at-home mom.
As a SAHM, it’s hard to find a place to retreat to when you’re frustrated, overwhelmed, and need a break. The fact that your home is also your place of work, and it’s not like you get to leave for lunch break, means you have to get creative about your time-outs. That’s why it’s important to create a mini mom oasis.
Create a Mini Mom Oasis
The best way to reinsert these time outs into your life is to have a place you can go within your home where you can de-stress an recharge. If you have the space, you can designate an entire room. It doesn’t have to be a big room, it can be your small bedroom or even a large walk-in closet.
Another option is to use your guest bedroom, where you can carve out a small area that is just for you when it’s not in use. You can have a chair or a desk in that room with a little corner that’s carved out for you.
Small Space Option for Your Mini Mom Oasis
This is what you do when you don’t have a lot of space. You need to create that mini mom oasis and you simply don’t have that space to do it. You get a small box or a drawer (your nightstand drawer is perfect for this) where you keep things that recharge you. These can include:
Keep It Clean
Here is the most important part of when you don’t have the space to designate an entire room to your oasis. You need to focus on keeping one area of your home super clean, super calming, and decorate it the way that you want.
For me, that is my master bedroom. When I need to get away during the day, or even at the end of the day, to recharge and shrug off the stresses of the day that is where I do it. I sit on my side of the bed and light some candles and recharge.
Be Prepared for Change
What recharges you will change from day-to-day. Some days I want to meditate and really center and focus myself. Other days, I want to relax with a good book that I can get lost in.
All of that is totally fine but you need to be prepared for it. Fill your mini mom oasis with the things that you love and can easily pull out when you want them.
Once you create a mini mom oasis for recharging, it’s important to make sure that you carve out time to use it. This is part of what we are focusing on with this entire series. We are working on prioritizing, setting healthy boundaries, and putting ourselves first. That means taking time to recharge and now you have exactly what you need to do it.
If you haven’t already checked out the posts about setting boundaries and carving out me time, I urge you to go back and read those before going further in the series. They really help set you up for success with everything else in your life.
See where I’m linking up!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
How to Rediscover Yourself After Marriage and Motherhood Series
- Why All Moms Need a Journal
- Determine Your Why for Self Discovery
- Find Your Cheerleaders
- DIY Positive Affirmation Cards
- Create Your SAHM Hierarchy of Needs
- The Hard Truth About Carving Out Me Time
- 5 Awesome Podcasts to Inspire Self Discovery
- How to Love Yourself First
- Stop Reacting to Life and Live Proactive
- How to Set and Protect Boundaries as a Mom
- How Moms Can Stop Being People Pleasers
- Why It’s Okay to Outgrow Relationships
- It’s Time to Break-up with Yourself
- Create a Mini Mom Oasis for Recharging
- Why Moms Should Date Themselves + How to Do It
- How to Get Your Free Time Back as a SAHM
- Turn Someday into Today
- Why You Should Throw Out Your Clothes
- Rediscover Your Old Hobbies
- How to Find New Hobbies You Love
- How to Create a Daily Self Care Routine
- Shut Down Your Negative Self Talk
- How a Haircut Can Help You Find Yourself
- Make a Bucket List You’ll Actually Complete
- Unique Alternative Ideas to Help You Find Yourself
- Why SAHM Need to Unplug Weekly
- 10 Mom Date Ideas You Can Do at Home
- 10 Mom Date Ideas to Get Out of the House
- Embracing Your Weird as a Mom
- How to Practice Mindful Reflection