They say that variety is the spice of life and that totally applies to your meals too. You don’t have to get stuck in a rut to eat healthy, delicious food everyday. These crazy easy blueberry muffins make it easy to add a treat to your breakfast and snacks without weighing you down with excess sugar!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
Lately, I’ve been in full prep mode for back to school. Since mornings are my least fave and least productive time of day, that’s where I’ve focused on our freezer cooking. I actually made these super yummy blueberry muffins for me to munch on in the morning but the kids loved them so much I had to share.
These babies were gone in less than a week between the five of us. If you have a big family or simply want to stock your freezer for longer, I recommend making a double batch. Toss one batch in the freezer while keeping the second batch in the fridge for easy access.
- Although the serving size in the recipe is only 1, that is more for snacks. If you and your kiddos are enjoying these blueberry muffins for breakfast, I recommend having 2 muffins or adding in a boiled egg with it to make it a more substantial meal.
Easy Blueberry Muffins Ingredients
- 4.5 Cups Pancake Mix
- 3 Cups Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Pints Blueberries
First, preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit and prep your muffins pan by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, add your pancake mix to a large glass mixing bowl.
Then add your unsweetened apple sauce and mix until well-combined.
Lastly, gently fold in your blueberries until they are mixed throughout the batter.
Fill your muffin pans with batter about half-full.
Bake at 350° Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Use a variation of the toothpick method to check that it is fully baked. If the toothpick only comes out with some juice on it, then the muffins are cooked. If the toothpick comes out with batter on it, bake the muffins for an additional 2-3 minutes.
After you remove the muffins from the oven, immediately turn over onto a cooling rack and allow to cool at least 5 minutes before eating.
Storing Your Blueberry Muffins
Store your muffins in a resealable plastic bag for up to a week in the fridge. Freeze in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 2 months. Warm up frozen muffins for 1 minute in the microwave when ready to eat.
These crazy easy blueberry muffins are not only easy to make but they’re totally low-calorie too! Each muffin is only 115 calories and made with no added sugar. Finally, a muffin you can feel good about eating and that kids totally love. Stock your freezer now for delicious healthy breakfasts and snacks that feel like treats any day of the week.
4.5 Cups Pancake Mix
3 Cups Unsweetened Apple Sauce
2 Pints Blueberries
- First, preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit and prep your muffins pan by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, add your pancake mix to a large glass mixing bowl.
- Then add your unsweetened apple sauce and mix until well-combined.
- Lastly, gently fold in your blueberries until they are mixed throughout the batter.
- Fill your muffin pans with batter about half-full.
- Bake at 350° Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- After you remove the muffins from the oven, immediately turn over onto a cooling rack and allow to cool at least 5 minutes before eating.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
See where I’m linking up!
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
More Ideas You’ll Love: