For the last recipe in our bagged chicken series I’m sharing a semi-homemade meal with you since these are one of my specialties. Semi-homemade meals are great because they come together in minutes and require almost no ingredients. Once you start making them you’ll be hooked on their convenience too! Here is a simple recipe for Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Rice to get you started!
- 4 Cooked Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cheddar Broccoli Rice Sides
- 12 oz. Bag of Frozen Broccoli
Cook Rice Sides according to package directions.
While rice is cooking, steam bag of broccoli either in the microwave (if your bag is steamable) or on the stove.
To steam on the stove:
- Place broccoli in a small pot with a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 5-7 minutes.
Shred the cooked chicken breasts and add them to the cooked rice. Strain broccoli and add it to the rice as well. Stir until combined and serve.
Second Meal Idea
- If there are leftovers, put them in a freezer and oven safe container (like this one).
- Sprinkle the top with a mixture of bread crumbs and shredded cheese (2 parts bread crumbs to 1 part cheese).
- Cover and freeze for a second meal later.
- To reheat, place uncovered in oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Be sure to check the middle and make certain that it is heated thoroughly. If not, pop it back in the over for another 10 minutes.
How easy is that? Two meals prepared in less than 15 minutes! Do you have a go-to, semi-homemade meal? Let me know in the comments!
Affiliate links may be used in this post. Ordering a product through these links may result in a commission. Read the full disclosure here.
I’m a nerdy, crafty mom of three adorable little kids. I love writing and creating, but in my non-existent free time I also love karaoke, taking my kids to the zoo, and reading. I got my degree in Science (no idea how that happened) but I took every English class I could get my hands on because, yeah, I’m that girl.