You’ve been learning all about how to DIY your Halloween party. You’ve made your invitations, started on your décor, and planned your menu. What is left to do? That question would be easier to answer if you had a Halloween Party Planning Checklist. I have always loved to entertain, especially at Halloween. Over the years I have perfected the art of doing so. Now I’m passing that knowledge onto you. Get the free Halloween Party Planning Checklist when you subscribe to be a DIY VIP member (don’t worry, it’s free). Now let’s get onto more party planning with these DIY bone party utensils.
Pull out a small chunk of air dry clay (about 2 inches in diameter).
Roll the piece of clay into a long strip (like a snake).
Place the handle of a plastic fork on the top half of the clay snake.
Fold the bottom half of the clay snake over the top of the fork handle.
Roll the handle/clay mixture between the palms of your hands to completely cover the handle.
- Roll in a way that all of the excess clay is pushed to the bottom of the fork handle.
Form the excess at the bottom of the handle into a ball-like shape and gently push in the bottom center. Manipulate until you have what looks like the end of a bone.
Set somewhere to dry for 24-48 hours.
- Dry time will vary based on the thickness of the clay.
Repeat steps 1 through 7 until the desired number of utensils are made. The container linked to above will do the entire pack of forks.
Step 9 (Optional)
If your bones seem to be falling apart once they are dry do the following steps:
- Very gently sand the bones. Clean off any dust.
- Next, tape off the tines of your fork with painters tape.
- Spray the clay with an acrylic sealer so that it is completely sealed.
These are super cool and creepy! If you don’t have time to cover all of your utensils, cover 8 to 10 of them and display them on your tablescape for décor. As you can see, they look awesome in the Gentleman’s box from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer “Hush” episode (that tutorial is coming your way next week!).
Looking for a deal at Oriental Trading? Visit their coupon page for the latest in sales.
Don’t forget to snag your copy of the Halloween Party Planner before you go. Sign up in the box below and you’ll receive the password for our resources page in minutes! In case you’re not ready to commit to weekly visits from me in your inbox, here are the 6 main party checklist components for a successful party:
- Activities (Yes, even adults-only parties need some activities.)
- Favors (I’ll give you some easy ideas for favors next week.)
- Memories (You want to preserve the memories whether it be with a guest book or a photo.)